Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A whole new kid!!!

Chloe and I have an on going battle... her hair... You see, I HATE when it is in her face... I hate having to comb through it and listen to her cry about the knots... I hate that I put her hair up every morning and she takes it out every nap time (and then I have to do it all over again after nap). Pretty much, her hair was getting on my last nerve.
So the other day when I went to get her after nap time and her hair was a mess once again, I threatened her that I was going to cut it short like Ireland's if she didn't stop taking it out... she came back with a very enthusiastic, "Ok, Mommy!!!!" And she hasn't stopped asking to get a hair cut since... I of course was all for it. The only thing standing in the way of our hair bliss... Daddy. He loves her long hair. He thinks all little girls need long hair... but she eventually wore him down and he gave us the ok...
So, tonight was the big night. I didn't tell anyone I was doing it because I was sure I would get loads of "don't do its" and "she has such beautiful hair!!" But I was at my wits end and could not be happier! Its great!
So, here are the pictures of the big event! I hope you all like!
Before pictures... her hair was up in french braids today and this is what was left of them after nap time...



The after...

I won't part it down the middle when I do it... this is just how it was after I cut it... she LOVES it! She keeps saying things like, "I need to go potty with my new haircut" and "I need to help Ireland pick up because I like my new haircut!" I even caught her in the bathroom checking herself out in the mirror... so that makes it all worth it right there!

Battle Hair is officially over! I am sad to see her pretty hair so short... but so happy to have back the 20 minutes a day I use to spend doing her hair! Maybe I will be able to sit and have an extra cup of coffee every morning! Yeah right!

8 comments:

Katie R said...

I think she went from a toddler to a little girl!!! You are so talented :) I haven't had mine cut since march.... we might need to make a plan for that... but as you predicted it has grown out nicely. You rock... Yea for short haired princesses!

maren said...

SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! i love it i love it i love it!!!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Mum and I agree with Katie...she looks so OLD! Like a different kid! I love it though...Can't wait to see it in person!

The Oakes said...

She must really look older to Ellis too..... he just walked by and said in a sad voice (b/c he misses them), "oh look Ireland." I told him it was Chole and he didn't believe me at first.

Gran said...

Oh my where is her beautiful hair. Its all gone. But I do love it and she is still a KEEpER!!! You did a very good job. I am glad she likes it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the barnes family said...

So I deleted my original comment because I was signed on under Dan's name and I didn't figure you would know who was writing to you. So here is my original comment...take two: No matter what length Chloe's hair is, you cannot argue with the fact that you have a beautiful daughter! Make that two beautiful daughters!

Grandma said...

Just for the record...I had those exact same fights with her nana at about the same age....So, if you've ever seen pictures of my girls at that age, you will see a couple with long hair and then sweet Kelli with short hair. Solved a lot of problems. It looks great on Chloe and you'll love it. I just wish I could find a short style that I liked and someone who could keep it like that. You are a wonderful Mommy