Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fun times with Nana!!!

My mom got to come for a visit this week. The girls were super excited to have her come. Ireland told me the first thing she wanted to do with Nana was bake whoopie pies (the best cookie EVER).
So, the first full day we had, they made whoopie pies.

Chloe doesn't like the beaters. She covers her ears the whole time they are on. Other than that, both the girls helped a lot.
Chloe made a BIG mess with the cocoa... but I guess that is to be expected.

You can kind of see the coca mess in this picture... it was everywhere. Cocoa is a pretty hard thing to get off tile floors... but that is half the fun of baking with kids... right? Or something like that! :)


I think one of the reasons the girls like to bake cookies with Nana is she lets them lick the beaters after they are done mixing the batter... something Mommy doesn't allow. So naturally they think it is pretty much the coolest thing ever!
They both got pretty messy when they were giving their beater the spit shine... those things were spotless by the time the girls were done with them... too bad I couldn't say the same thing about their faces!

I asked Ireland why she liked to bake with Nana so much... she told me, "Well, you and Nana are magician's in the kitchen. Do you know what that means? It means you are both really good at cooking and you make really yummy food. But, Nana is a much better magician when she bakes then you are... you don't bake very good. So I like to do that with Nana and not you!"
At least Chris and I have raised an honest kid!

Needless to say, we had a good time with the cookie baking. And needless to say, bathtime was in order after they were done!
Thanks for the fun visit, Nana!

3 comments:

Gran said...

I love your new page. Pretty cool. The girls look so excited to be bakeing cookies with Nana. Glad they had a good time. Thanks for sharing.

Nana said...

I had a great time, and, in Chloe's defense, it was Nana who spilled all the cocoa, really. Love the new blog page, great pic at the top.

Anonymous said...

Where's my whoopie pie? Or my beater?