Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yummy!!!

The other night the girls and I made caramel apples.
They were actually really excited about unwrapping all the individually wrapped caramels! You can see the concentration! Ireland took it upon herself to get dressed for the event... she has on an apron and chefs hat (a birthday present from the Oakes to Chloe). Therefore, Ireland looks pretty awesome in all of the following pictures!

On the stove ready for some heat!

The little chefs for the night!

I let them put sprinkles on the apples after I was done dipping them. I felt kind of bad because they didn't get to do much of the apple dipping process... I melted the caramel and dipped all the apples. So really all they did was unwrap the caramels... and lets be honest, that is kind of lame. So I let them put sprinkles on them just to create one extra step.

Luckily (somewhat as planned) the caramel was just cool enough that the sprinkles didn't stick but they had fun making the mess!

All in all it was a fun time! The girls liked it and that is all that matters!

2 comments:

The Oakes said...

Yummy! Thanks for reminding us that it is time for some caramel apples. Tell Ireland she looks smashing. When you are in the right outfit it is always more fun!

Gran said...

Those apples look so good. I wieh that I had one. Tell the girls that Gran said they did a good job. So did Mommie.