Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving and decorating tree!

Happy belated Thanksgiving! We had a good one here and I hope you all had a great one too! Chris grandma and brother came up to spend the holiday with us. They got her Tuesday and will be here until Sunday. It has been a great visit! Here are some pictures of their visit!

Ireland got these jammies for her bday. She was excited to show them off!

Ireland decided that she wanted to make everyone Thanksgiving placemats... She traced her had and made hand turkeys. She was so proud of them! She worked on them for 2 days or so. Here she is drawing some of them.

Chloe and her Gran!

We always bake the day before Thanksgiving... so the girls got to help this year. We made Nana's Chocolate chip cookies, Oatmeal toffee cookies, and Puppy Chow (Gran and Danny had never even heard of Puppy Chow!!!!).

This was the first time baking with the girls that they were actually helpful and I didn't feel like I was losing my mind by the end of it! It was actually a lot of fun! And all our treats turned out perfect!

Later that day the girls were playing outside... living on a military post we hear the trumpets everyday (if we are outside) when they lower the flag. Chris taught the girls that when you hear the trumpets they need to face where the flag is (they can't see it) and salute. I walked outside and saw them standing like this... they are saluting the flag while it was being lowered. It just melted my heart!

Here is Ireland on Thanksgiving morning. She picked out her own outfit... she said she thought it would be a very fallish and beautiful holiday outfit of Thanksgiving... I blame her Nana for this kind of talk!

Chris and Gran... Chris isn't mad... this is just how he looks! Always...

Chris and me

Picture of the table with all our placemats! So cute!!

Yesterday Gran and I went shopping and she got the girls some new outfits! Here is Ireland in her outfit... she was so excited because Gran got her a purple shirt and it matches her new purple boots!

I can't get over how cute Chloe's little outfit is! It came with a little matching tutu! She loves it!

Trying to get a picture together!

We decorated the Christmas tree last night. It has been up for a few days but we held off decorating it until yesterday. They girls LOVED it! It is really first year that they both could help out and they didn't do more harm than good!

I love this picture because you can see by her body language how much concentration was going into hanging this ornament!

Chloe showing her favorite one to Ireland.

Gran helping Ireland.

Ireland and Daddy finding the perfect place.

Chloe showing off her stocking... it is actually her old stocking because Gramma King made them new ones last year... but Chloe thought they were all so funny because they looked like shoes!
We sure have had a fun few days!
Gran dropped my camera in a sink full of water... so hopefully it works ok and I can keep posting blogs! (Just giving Gran a hard time... Chris has another camera if my is broken)
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!

5 comments:

maren said...

Cutest blog ever!!! Seriously... I miss those girls so dang much! (and you and Chris too, of course!) The one of the girls saluting is my favorite for sure! The cutest thing EVER!

The Oakes said...

You had me crying with the Flag picture! They are the best. Hope your camera makes it out okay. Have you tried putting it in a bag of rice? It worked for me!

Anonymous said...

Holy lots of pictures! Good work! I agree with the other two, the flag pic is priceless! Glad you had a good week, hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! I will be waiting for my cookies from both the Shellabys and the Barnes!

coriecole said...

ok it's been over a month since i've checked up on all this! love all the pics! i think the best one is the salute.