Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back in action!

Yes!!! We have internet again! I cannot even begin to say how excited I am about it! I have felt so out of touch with everyone!
I am so happy that we finally get to share some picture with all of you from our new home. We have made it to Washington safe and sound... and I love it so much! And so does Chris! And the girls! It is such a beautiful place!!! I don't know if you can hear my happiness in these typed words, but I am seriously so happy here! I can't believe what a good fit Washington is for us so far!
I am not posting pictures of the house in this post. I haven't had a chance to take any and I want to wait until daylight so it looks nicer (lame, I know). So if I can manage to get things picked up and picture ready, I will get that one up tomorrow.
In the meantime, you will all have to do with just some pictures of the girls. I know, I know... I torture you all... but what can I do?
There is a wooded area at the end of our street that is fenced off and has tons of trails through out. Chris has been up there a few times mountain biking and said the girls would love it. So on Saturday morning we took a family "hike" up in the forest. It is so beautiful... almost as beautiful as Colorado... almost!
The trail started out on a paved road (real rugged) but that only lasted for a little bit.
The girls and Chris decided to run up the first part... I decided to take pictures! :)
The girls loved it! They though it was the coolest thing ever!
I have been amazed at the weather here! I was so scared that I was going to go months without seeing the sun. So not the way it is! There has been sunshine everyday for over a week. Its not sunny all day everyday... where it isn't that way anywhere. But there is sunshine here and I am thrilled!
There is also a lot of rain, so everything is covered with moss. It is the coolest thing! Everything here is so green! I love it... that is one thing that I like more here than Colorado. It makes everything so pretty!

Like I said, the girls loved the hike. We ended up at a little pond. It wasn't a long walk, but perfect for them.

On the walk back to the house there are some old abandon railroad tracks. I think this picture is so precious!
I will try to get some more blogs up soon. Like I said, I will try to get one of the house up tomorrow. Sorry we have been MIA for so long, I have sure missed having the internet! Feels good to be back! :)

4 comments:

maren said...

Hooray for Washington and new blogs!!! YIPEE!!! :o) Super stinkin' cute!

Katie R said...

YAY!!! missed you/miss you!! glad you are enjoying your new home! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah for a new blog! Love it! It does look beautiful...the girls look so darn happy.

The Oakes said...

So glad you all love it. It looks beautiful in the pictures. The weather looks nice too! Glad your back and can't wait to see the house.