Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A little bit of everything!

So, this blog has a little bit of everything in it... We haven't been up to much so nothing too exciting, but here is a blog none the less!
Chris has been getting a lot of questions from family about what he actually does for his job. So the other day he had to go to the field and he took a picture of his truck. He wanted me to post the pic on here so you all can see it and kind of get an idea for what he does.
His job is a little different here at Fort Lewis than it was at Fort Sill. The trucks here are wheeled vehicle and the ones at Fort Sill were tracks. As far as I can tell, pretty much the same basic idea... they still shoot rockets or what-have-yous.
He has had a lot more time with the trucks here... which he really likes. He never really got to do much with them in Oklahoma. He is actually in the field for 3 days right now. So I think its safe he is getting along pretty well here!
Oh, the truck is called a HiMAR... standing for something... but it has escaped me at the moment! :)
Now to the fun... I mean, not Army stuff...
The other day we did a little Valentines Day craft. It was a lot of fun... and a lot of a mess! For some reason I thought glitter was a good idea. I had a momentary lapse of sanity obviously!
The girls really enjoyed it and Chloe ONLY used the glitter! So I guess it was worth it!
This day we were going to make our craft and then head to the commissary... it ended taking 3 hours... thats right... 3 HOURS to finish the craft. Needless to say, it took up the whole morning!
Craft time went really well. And if I stay on top of things (hoping and praying) some of you might see some of those precious hearts in your mailbox!
You can tell by the aftermath on the table how much fun they had!
The rest of the pictures are just a few random ones of some new additions to our house and wardrobe...
Chloe saw these shoes at Old Navy and it was love at first site... she couldn't take her eyes off them. They are not practical and maybe a little bit to much money... but the best shoes always are. Am I right?! She hasn't taken them off since we got them... she wore them out of the store and even napped in them!

This is just Ireland being Ireland... she says this is her pretty face. I say her face is her pretty face!
We had a Super Bowl on Sunday and Chris told be I could get a few things to make the house come together... YEA for shopping!
I went to Ross and Marshals. Great deals! I also went to Target (duh) and found some cute stuff.
This basket... Ross, $10!
I got the filler stuff for this vase at Target. The rocks were $3 and I got the balls for $5 because the box had been opened and one of the balls was squished. Great deal!
Then I harnessed my inner Hildi (Trading Spaces anyone) and got some silk Gerber Daisies from Michaels and cut the stems off, used scrapbooking 3-D picture mounting dots and made the girls some wall art!
It made their room nice and bright and it was only about $15!
The last things I got were for the downstairs bathroom. I got these cute little buttlerflies and some knock off (waiting until I can afford the real stuff) UpperCase Living... I think they make the bathroom so cute! Chris hates it. He wanted that bathroom to be a "snowboarding bathroom" just like Maren's surfing bathroom... um... its not! :)
So, that is it. Kind of random blog and I don't know if you even care about my new decorating! But it just made the house seem so much more homey I had to share! Thanks for listening! :)

7 comments:

Nana said...

Super cute pics of the girls. Hope we get a heart in the mail. It would make poor Papaw smile. Love Chloe's shoe's, and that they're on the wrong feet, lol! I also love the decorating. Super cute. Yours is way cuter than Hildi's!!!

The Oakes said...

I love it all!! Ireland's pretty face is adorable. I love that you went ahead and got Chloe the shoes and that she hasn't taken them off.Great new house stuff, especially the cool basket. Glitter= mom of the year for sure!! especially since you used it for so long. Oh, you can tell Chris if you want that we love his truck too. :)

Katie R said...

So proud of all your mad decorating skills :) I love chloe's shoes. Glitter/crafting makes you awesome! I agree, I really like the basket. and the daisies. I miss you!!

maren said...

Look at you - rockin' the creative decorating ideas! DUH! :o) Super cute pictures of the girls - we all know how awesome you are that you let them play with glitter... for 3 hours! :o) And tell Chris that his truck rocks and I'm sorry he didn't get his snowboarding bathroom... :o) but his wife rocks! LOVE YOU!

Gran said...

Great pic of the girls and of the house. I hope I get a heart in the mail also. You are doing a great job with your house as far as decorating. Its a great job. Good for you. Great blog.

Gran said...

Big truck. I think I could drive that. lol I like it.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.