Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome to the world, Gunner!

Well, Gunner is here! After a long and fairly eventful labor and delivery, he was born at 8:40am on Feb. 3, 2011.
He ended up having to be born c-section because he was posterior with his head tilted back... so he wouldn't fit through the birth canal. I pushed for over 2 hours and made zero progress.
So after a quick change of plans, I was rushed off the O.R. to meet little Gunner.

He was 8 lbs. & 20 in. Biggest baby I've had yet! :)
He is doing great and is healthy as can be.

The girls are enamored with him. They both love to hold him and love on him. They only call him Baby Gunner. Never just Gunner. Chloe told us today, "When Baby Gunner gets older I think we should name him just Gunner."






He has a full head of sandy blond hair... I hope it all doesn't fall out because it is so cute!




The girls got to help feed him today before we left from the hospital.

Here he is in his going home from the hospital outfit... cutest hat I have ever seen!!!


Now we are home safe and sound. I am so thankful that to be at my own house and to sleep in my own bed! :) And even though the delivery wasn't what I had planned, I am so thankful! I am so thankful that he is healthy, thankful he is here, thankful the girls are so excited about him, and thankful our family is filled with so much love!

10 comments:

Gran said...

These pic are the greatest. He looks so cute in all of them I love the girls holding him. Now we need to see Mom and Dad holding Gunner. I think Chloe is right, when he gets a little older just call him Gunner. LOL Thank for the blog it is GREAT!

maren said...

YAY!!!! I love this blog!! :o) The pictures of the girls with Gunner are just too precious. He is so handsome and is so loved already! Yay, Gunner! We're so glad you're here!!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! So happy for the blog! Love all the pictures and his going home outfit is super cute! So glad the girls love him so much (knew they would). Can't wait to see you all so soon!

oodrea1221 said...

He is SO adorable! So happy for ALL of you and that you got to go home so quickly after a c-section. LET people wait on you...just rest & relax & enjoy that little man! Love the pic in the Longhorn hat and that going home hat is the cutest!

Katie Kennedy said...

So I pretty much love the one where you can see all his hair :)

Scot said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful! The girls look so excited to have a baby brother. Wish I were closer! - Aunt Missy

The Malloy Family said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh! I LOVE him! We've been praying for your family! I seriously wish you weren't so far...:(. Give him squeezes for me!

the barnes family said...

Gunner is absolutely adorable! Love the pics of him with his big sisters! So glad that he is here and that you are all doing well!

Katie R said...

Glad you are doing well :) He's beautiful! Love the hair! I'll be glad to call him Gunner after baby Gunner. Miss your face... and your texts :) Love you