Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkins!!!!!


Pumpkin Carving!!!
We did some pumpkin carving last night!! It was super fun... Ireland did not like putting her hand inside the pumpkin, so she used a spoon. But in all honesty, she didn't like that either... So the girls didn't do too much of the digging in the pumpkin guts... Nana and Mommy cleaned them out instead... But they still had lots of fun!

Chloe's first look at the insides of the pumpkin! She thought it was cool until she touched it... then she got kind of grossed out!

I think this picture is great because it shows Irelands true feelings about the pumpkin guts! She totally gagged! It was so funny! She wanted so bad to dig out the insides but she just couldn't do... she tired 3 times and gagged each and every time! ha

This part suited Ireland much better... I let her draw the face on one of the pumpkins... she liked that so much better. It made it kind of hard to carve because the eyes and nose were kind of close, but it turned out dang cute!

Ireland watching mommy cut out the eyes... she loved seeing her drawing come to life!

Chloe thought the carving part was pretty cool too!
One the second pumpkin we drilled holes in it so it looked dotted... we got this idea for Maren, Jeff, and EmJ. I let Ireland help drill the holes and she thought it was the coolest thing ever! I wasn't sure she was going to like the drill, but she was great at it! Chloe on the other hand did not like the drill. She was in her room during the whole drilling!

The finished product. I love how they look! Ireland did a really good job with the face! And if I do say so myself, I didn't do a half bad job carving it out! :)


Well, I hope you liked the pictures! We sure had fun making them look so cute!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you are getting good at this blog thing! Love the pumpkins and I feel Ireland's pain, I hate getting the insides out too! Tell her she did a great job drawing on the face.

maren said...

stinkin' cute!

Katie R said...

I love you and your totally cute kids. Your Pumpkins are awesome. We haven't carved ours yet. miss you.

Gran said...

Looks like both girls and Mom had fun. Tell Ireland she did a very good job drawing a face on the pumpkin. I don't blame Chloe or Ireland if they don't like to dig out the inside of the pumpkin. I don't either.