Monday, January 26, 2009

Everyone LOVES a good tea party!


For those of you who don't know, Ireland and Chloe love everything "girlie" with a passion... they love princesses, dress-up, babies... and now, tea parties. Ireland asked Nana and Papaw if they would have a tea party with her last Wednesday night but everyone was busy that night... Papaw had to rush off to school and I had to go to youth group. So while the girls were home alone with Nana, they decided to plan a tea party for the following night. Ireland made an invatation (I tired to get a picture of it, but nothing really showed up in the picture) for Mommy and Papaw inviting us to her tea party. Then the girls went and found Aunt Sissy and Mommy's old tea sets from when we were little girls. And they planned on making some "tea party treats" on Thursday afternoon. Ireland also taught Nana what kind of things you do at a tea party... I am not sure if any of my blog readers know what exactly "tea party conversation" is, so I will tell you... You have to hold up your pinky my your mouth (no tea cup required) and say, "Pip pip! Cherrio!" Who knows where Ireland gets this stuff... well, actually, I am pretty sure she got this from the Backyardigans! :)
So, anyways, here are the pictures of our tea party... We had lots of fun and Ireland has asked to have another one everyday since Thursday.... Enjoy the pictures!
Papaw enjoying his perfect cup o' tea!


Ireland and Nana having some tea party conversation!


Ireland pouring her very own cup of tea...

and stirring in the sugar....



Chloe waiting for her perfect cup o' tea

And now she is enjoying her tea!


Needless to say we had lots of fun and Ireland cannot wait for her next tea party!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love it! I am sure it was tons of fun. I wish we could have joined you guys. Pretty soon we'll all have to have a party. I can just hear Ireland having "tea party conversation." Too funny.

Anonymous said...

Love the tea party also. Looks like every one enjoyed it. Tell Ireland that I wished that I could have joined in. Chloe looks like she enjoyed it also. I can just see Ireland serving every one tea. Love it alos.

Katie R said...

still love irelands bangs. your kids is freaking awesome. love you. tell her britton and i want to come to one sometime.

Anonymous said...

cheerio! pip pip and all that rot! today would be a great day for a tea party! love ya, papaw

Nana said...

Next time Ireland thinks we need juice instead of tea. That'd be good with milk and sugar! I love the princess dresses. They added just the right touch.

Grandma said...

That is just too cute. Boy, does that tea set bring back memories. I made them when I was in to ceramics in Green River. So glad that the greats can enjoy it now. Wish I was there. Love

maren said...

the coolest EVER. and i can't lie... my favorite picture is the one of your dad. he's awesome. :o) hahaaa. your kids rock my socks off.

The Malloy Family said...

I love how I've never seen Chloe in "real" clothes! Seriously, she is hysterical. And with ireland, I'm not exactly sure how you'd get through the day without busting a gut in laughter over her! She is so adorable!