Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chloe's early birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHLOE!!!! (well, close enough)
Chris wanted to make sure we had a party for Chloe while he was home on his leave. Since this was his last weekend here we had it on Saturday. It is a little early but as far as Chloe knows, she is now a 3 year old... Ireland knows that Chloe's birthday is March 31st and that March 31st hasn't come yet. So Ireland is the only one having a hard time with it! :)
Chloe's party was loads of fun. She wanted an Ariel (Little Mermaid) party so that is what she got! I decided to make it a beach party as well so she could wear her swimming suit... one of her favorite outfits!
Nana made a really great Ariel cake! I was so thankful that she had the time to do it... because I would have failed horribly!
So, here are the pictures from her party! I really hope you like them! We had lots of fun! However... we missed all of you who couldn't be here with us!
The very fabulous Ariel cake... lucky for me, my cake lady is cheap! Chloe was amazed by the cake and it was hard for me to keep her away from it the morning of the party!

Chloe with her cake... Notice the half closed eyeballs... she wouldn't look at me for the picture! I would say, "Chloe!!! Look at me!!!" She would look for a split second and then look back down at her cake... this was the best I came up with!

Blowing out the candles... pretty great action shot if I do say so myself! :)

Chloe after the cake!

This was part of the gift that Chloe got from the Oakes. So far, it is a BIG hit! Cassies, I have already had to break up many fights over the baking gear! It really is a perfect gift because the girls LOVE to bake cookies with Nana! Now Chloe has her own get up! :)

And this (the pink hair) is the other part of the gift from the Oakes... I haven't had any fights over this yet... simply because it doesn't last long OUT of Chloe's hair! Needless to say, she adores this present. She calls it her Ariel hair. I don't know if you can tell by the body language in this picture, but Chloe thinks she is pretty hot stuff when she is wearing it! She swings her head from side to side with her hands placed firmly on her hips! Thanks Oakes! She is one happy (almost) 3 year old!

Opening some Ariel (catch a theme with the presents yet) necklaces from Nana and Papaw.


Chloe in front of her presents... she was one lucky girl!

Ireland showing off her fish she made... we had "ocean" crafts to do. The kids really liked them.

Chloe making a tropical flower necklace... it took her all of 2 mintues and she was back up and running around... and, for those of you who care... yes, that is Maren's very cute and preggers belly in the red shirt in the background! :)

Ireland in her beach party outfit... "beach hair" to match.. upon her request of course!

This is one of my favorite pictures so I saved it for last! EmJ played along with the whole theme and wore she swimming suit too! I got all the kids sunglasses and she actually wore her for a bit!
And on that note... I will close this blog with an ever appropriate...
PEACE OUT FARM TROUT!!!
P.S. Check out the blog below... it's new too!

6 comments:

The Oakes said...

loved the pictures and loved the party! one funny thing when I was reading the caption of the picture where chloe is sitting on the table with her cake (the eyes) I thought you were talking about Nana in the next picture :)

Love you all and glad we got to share it with you, trevor was bummed he missed the hot dogs..... no the blue cheese!

Anonymous said...

How fun! It looks like it was the perfect party for her. Sad we couldn't be there though, maybe next year! Did she get our dress? You can totally see the sassiness in the pic with her hair...HILARIOUS!

The Malloy Family said...

What a FUN party! I love that you did ocean crafts and made it all beachy. You are such a great, creative momma! Those girls are lucky to have you!
Can you beleive our kids are three already (well, almost)? Seriously, where did the time go?

Anonymous said...

Good job on the party. Looks like every one had fun. Tell Nana she did a good job on the cake. It looks good enough to eat. lol I am glad you could have a party while Chris was home.

coriecole said...

so cute! i'm gonna be in the hospital on avril's birthday, so it will be early too. and alex is the same as ireland and it will bother him, so i'm not gonna mention the difference, lol. those pics were so cute!

maren said...

So super cute!!!! We obviously had a blast at Chloe's party - EmJ can't stop talking about it! :o) Good times!