Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Daddy's last day of leave... :(

Well, the day has already come... the last day of Chris' leave is here. He heads back tomorrow morning. The time went by so fast but we had so much fun! The girls really loved having him home. I am anxious to see how they do when he leaves. Pray for that... and pray for a safe journey back to Iraq for Chris... he has a long one ahead of him!
Today we decided to do something fun to keep our minds off the fact that he leaves tomorrow. The weather was beautiful so we went up to Boulder Falls. The girls LOVED climbing on the rocks and looking at the water! It really was the perfect way to spend the last day of leave together!
Ireland was a lot more brave than I thought she would be. She was climbing everywhere... no fear at all. Chloe was a little afraid of the sound of the waterfall. It was a little loud and I don't think she knew what to think of it. Chloe did really good at climbing the rocks and she eventually got more brave about the water noise. In some of the pictures it looks like Chloe is miserable... But I promise she was having a good time!
I hope you all like the pictures. We got some pretty good ones... and... call the news... I even got in some of the... under my own free will non the less... so here you go!
Beautiful Boulder Falls being the background for a beautiful family picture!

The girls were giving Daddy kisses on the cheeks... I missed the actually kiss but still a cute picture!

Ireland giving Daddy kisses and Chloe pouting (this was the first picture by the water).
Chloe giving Daddy lots of love.



Mommy trying to get Chloe to smile for the camera! :)


Mommy and Ireland having so much fun!

Chloe was smiling in this picture... but she started talking right before I clicked it. They sure do love each other.



Chloe yelling, "I'm queen of the mountain!!!!"

Ireland yelling the same thing... but much more gracefully posed!
As you can see, we had so much fun! The girls are already asking to go back!

6 comments:

Katie R said...

I want to go! Maybe we can do something while I am home. I want to put in my order for a print of the top picture. It rocks. Kimmi my mom is right you are looking great! :) It would look so great on my fridge... now i just need a fridge. :) Miss you guys tons, so glad you got time together. Spring is going to fly!

Anonymous said...

That does look like fun. I'm so glad you guys were able to enjoy your last day together!

Anonymous said...

This blog made me cry. It is so sad. I am glad you guys had a good time and Kimmi the blog is awsome. The pictures are great also. The back ground was beautiful. We love you guys and give Chris a kiss for me.

maren said...

Such a fun trip! And I love the family picture... so fabulous! :o)

Nana said...

I'm impressed with the family pic. I thought you had someone else there to take it. Gotta love Boulder Falls. I am so glad the weather was nice.

Grandma said...

What great pics. I love the background. It was hard to see him go back...but this too will pass. Then back to family life as "normal". Love you all.