Thursday, November 5, 2009

Disney World #1

Well, our Disney vacation has come to an end... sad, sad day. But we had lots of fun and I have tons of pictures to show you all. I have decided to a blog for each day we were there... hopefully I will get 1 or 2 blogs up a day. Life is going to be kinds of crazy trying to get back to normal, but I promise I will get these blogs up and fast!
So here are the pictures from our first day... the day started early (4:00am) with a short drive to Dallas. After we got to the Dallas Lovefield Airport we had a flight that stopped in Houston and then on to Orlando. We got to Orlando around 2:30pm local time. Then we got on the Magical Express bus that took us to Disney World. After we got there, we changed into some cooler clothes (it was so hot there) and headed off to Magic Kingdom for some dinner and Splash Mountain...
Enjoy the pictures and I will try to explain the best I can! :)
The girls at the airport waiting for the plane to board and eating some breakfast. It was about 8:45am and they had already been up for almost 5 hours! What a long day for them!

Here they are on the airplane. It was the first time they have flown and actually been old enough to understand what was going on. I think you can tell they were pretty excited about it! They both did very good on the plane. I was armed with a ton of toys and snacks and they stayed perfectly content and quiet the whole time!

Here we are waiting in line for the Magical Express. You can tell they have kind of hit a wall at this point... very tired! Neither of them slept on the plane. I think they were just too darn excited!

Chloe and Daddy got a short nap on the bus.

So did Ireland... but I didn't get a picture of her sleeping because she was sleeping on me and my camera was in the bag on the floor. But here she is right before we got to Disney World. She was jumping out of her skin she was so excited!!!
After a quick clothes change we headed to Magic Kingdom. Camdyn and Chloe got to sit by themselves on the bus to the park and they thought it was awesome! They kept chanting (loudly) "NO GROWNUPS!!! NO GROWNUPS!!!" and then they started chanting, "MAGIC KINGDOM! MAGIC KINGDOM!!!" Needless to say, they were happy to be together! They were best friends all week!

Here is the entrance of the park. It was so pretty and decorated for fall and Halloween! I have never seen it decorated so pretty!

After we ate dinner it was time to do the one thing Ireland came to Disney to do... SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!! She was so excited that she was old enough to go on it! So Mommy and Daddy took her while the other grown ups and little kids went to ride Dumbo.

She was giddy while we waited in line! She just couldn't wait to go on the "big drop" and show everyone how brave she is!
Here she is after the ride... she LOVED it! She says it was her most favorite thing at Disney World! She wanted to do it over and over agian! What a brave 4 (almost5) year old!

After Splash Mountain we all met up and found a place to watch the parade. It is a really neat parade that is at night time with lots of lights! There are all sorts of princesses and characters in it. The kids all loved it. Silas I think loved it the most of all! He was transfixed! Papaw said that when one float would go by he would just grunt until the next one was in front of him!
Ireland was in awe (of course) and loved the princess parts the best!

Chloe sat on Daddy's shoulders the whole time and had a great view! She loved it too.
(I think this picture is too cute with her holding onto his ears)

After the parade, 10 very tired people loaded on the bus and headed back to the hotel. The kids all went to bed fast and slept great all night!

So, that was our first day in a nutshell! :)
Stay tuned for day #2! I will try to get it up as fast as I can... its a good one too... HALLOWEEN!!! We dressed up and had dinner with Cinderella and then saw some more princesses! It was a great day!

6 comments:

Gran said...

These are awsome picturew. I can tell the girls had a great time. I love the pic of Chloe holding onto Chris's ears. Too cute.

maren said...

Hooray for pictures! I love the blog for each day idea cause that means more blogs and pictures to come! Looks like a fabulous time - and that's only day 1!!! :o)

The Oakes said...

How fun! Can't wait to see the rest of the week. Seeing how happy they are could actually talk me into attempting DW some day!

The Malloy Family said...

oh man, what fun! I was almost in tears over how great it is to share such a wonderful thing with them! YAY Disney!!!!

Nana said...

Silas was super cute at Spectromagic. Papaw watched him more than he watched the parade! I was there, and still love these blogs, thanks for letting me relive it again!

oodrea1221 said...

LOVE the pics Kimmi! So glad you all had such an awesome time! We went to Daniel's 3 year check up & I told him to stand up straight, like when he tries to get on Splash Mountain and he stood on his tippie toes! He's 39 7/8 inches...I told him he was SO close... we're going back in May-- I think he'll make it!