Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A visitor...

We are proud foster parents of this beauty...
For at least the next week she will be staying with us. We have be toying with the idea of getting a 2nd dog for the puppy (which will be here on FRIDAY!!!!). With all the research we have been doing we have learned that Schnauzers are very social dogs and do best in a pack. So we were trying to find another dog that would fit into our family to rescue before the puppy got here.
Well, when Chris went back to work after leave, this dog pretty much fell in our lap.
Chris' soldier had rescued her but couldn't afford to keep her forever. I guess him and his wife wanted her to have a good home, but they already have too many dogs (like 4 dogs).
She is a pure bred Great Dane (registered with the AKC... papers and all). Healthy and all up to date on her shots. Kind of too good to be true!
So we said we would take her for a week and see how she works out... we don't want to make a commitment and have her bother my allergies.
It kind of happened really fast... so its still sinking in! But so far so good. She came last night and spent the night with us and did great. So far there are no signs of my allergies and the dog is great with the girls! So pray that she feels at home here and my asthma stays away! We aren't going to name her until we know for sure we are keeping her... I will keep you all posted!
She is one beautiful dog and seems to like us ok too! :)

4 comments:

maren said...

I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!

The Oakes said...

Oh my goodness Kimmi, she is gorgeous! I hope it all works out!!

Gran said...

Love it, Love it, Love it. She is so pretty. Looks like she is a keeper. The girls look like they already love her.

The Malloy Family said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!
I love, love love Great Danes. Have always wanted one...now I just have to convince Greg!
I hope she works out for your family!