Saturday, April 17, 2010

A family of 5!

We finally got our new puppy!!!! We went to the airport to pick her up yesterday. It turned into a pretty bad trip, but the end result was wonderful! The girls were so excited to get the puppy! They were bouncing off the walls all day!
Oh, I forgot to update the last blog... we didn't get to keep the Great Dane. She ended up making me pretty sick my the end of the first full day here. We were very sad... I cried a lot. But we know this puppy will not make me sick! So we will not have to say good-bye to this one!
Here she is! We have decided to name her Parker. She is just too precious!
She had her ears cropped by the breeder and got her stitches out on Wednesday. Usually the ears are tapped up until they heal, but she had to have her tape removed to fly. So her ears look a little wonkie... but the vet told us to let them rest and air out for 3 days and then we will get them retaped on Monday.
So far she is doing great in her new home! She is full of energy and spunk. But she is also calm and attentive. She likes to play with us but when she is done playing and tired she will walk to her crate, lay down and go to sleep!
She did pretty good last night. She got up twice to go potty and kept her crate dry and clean all night long!
It is safe to say we love her already! I will try to get some more pictures soon!


She is just the cutest thing ever! I can't even stand it!
On a side not, the van decided that last night was a good time to break down. After we got to the airport and turned if off, it wouldn't start right up again. Luckily after it sat for awhile it started and we got home. But there is obviously something wrong with it. So say a quick prayer for us if you don't mind... I just don't want to pay a lot of money to get it fixed! :)

6 comments:

maren said...

Woo-hoo!!!! So excited for you guys... she's just precious! I am so excited to see all of you... SOON!

Gran said...

Cute little baby. I guess she won't be little long. I am glad for you all. She's very cute.

The Oakes said...

She is so cute! So glad you have found a puppy to love. I can't wait to show the movie to E & A.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! So glad she finally came! I can't wait to meet her. Miss you guys!

Katie R said...

SHE IS PRECIOUS!!! :) YAY! So excited for you guys. miss you!

Nana said...

Hope she settles in soon. Super cute, but big for her age. You can definately tell she'll be a big dog. Excited to see her next time I come.