Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What?! Ireland's in kindergarten?!

Can you believe it? Ireland is in kindergarten!!! I can't believe it! But she is... and she LOVES it!
Today was her first day. It was a great success.

She was so excited... she couldn't even contain it! I loved seeing how happy she was... just pure joy all over her face.

She rode to school with her back pack on... too excited to take it off. :)


When we finally made it to the school she was even more excited! I love her smile in this picture... it is so genuine!


If you look close in this picture you can see her crazy loose tooth with the adult tooth growing in behind it... kind of gross looking if you ask me!


Daddy got to have some time off to go with us. We are all so happy that he got to be here for her first day! He has had to miss so much, it's great that he could be here for this!


Nana also got to come see her off on her first day! What a special treat to have Nana her! It made Ireland's day even more special!



One of our neighbors and Ireland's "best friend" is in her class. She was very excited (I have used that word a lot in this post) to have Aidan there this afternoon!


Chloe was really happy for her sister to be heading off to school... but I think she was a little sad to see her go too.



When the bell rang, Ireland got in line with out hesitation. She wasn't nervous or scared at all. She was just purely ready to go! I was so happy for her!


Saying her final farewell!
I have been asked by a few people if I cried... No, I didn't. I was just so happy for her. When you saw her little excited face, it was hard to feel any sadness... maybe because she is my oldest and I still have my "baby" (Chloe) at home with me... or another on the way... but I just wasn't sad. Happiness is the only word I can think of to describe how I felt. It is weird that she is school aged now... kind of surreal. But not sad. :)


She only goes half day... 2 hr & 45 min. Chloe was very ready to pick her up... their reaction when they first saw each other was priceless!!! Now THAT made me tear up. It shows how close they are...
Ireland came running out of the door,


And straight into Chloe's arms! So wonderful!


Made me one happy Mommy!


Then she went straight to Nana... I totally got the shaft! Lame... :)


And started telling Nana all about her day.


Ireland really did have a great day. She says she can't wait to go back. I love that she loves it!

6 comments:

Gran said...

She looks so happy. I am so very proud of her. I did get tears in my eye after reading this blog. Chloe looks just as happy to see her after school. This is a special day. Love all the pictures.

The Oakes said...

Well you may not have gotten teary but sure did. I think it is absolutely perfect that you would feel happy for her. I love the picture of her in the car seat and the Chloe hug and excitement to see each other finished off my cry session. I can only hope we are at that place one year from now!

maren said...

Love, love, love, love, love!!!! AHHH! I can't believe she's in kindergarten! And I totally got choked up at the Ireland and Chloe hugging pictures... precious!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Precious! Those girls make me smile...their relationship reminds me of ours! :) I can't believe she's that big. Matt and I were just talking about having to find clothes for her when she was born! Love it!

The Malloy Family said...

Love it!!

I hope my girls are as close as yours! They are almost the same age apart (18 months).

Grandma Sherry said...

Now that I know how to comment on here, I have so much to say, Ireland looks so cute and grown up, tell Ireland her cousin
Ava started kindergarten too, and she looks just as adorable as Ireland, I have such beautiful granddaughters, looking forward to another grandson hint hint :)