Sunday, May 11, 2008

Playing outside and a very happy mothers day!

We got some new toys from one of our friends and the girls love them. On Saturday they wanted to go outside and play with them so bad even though it was crazy cold! They had a good time... This is a picture of Ireland playing with this twirly wind thing...who would have thought that ribbons blowing in the wind would be so much fun! Hee hee!

Chloe playing with another wind toy. They both liked them a lot!


They also got these horses... I thought they would like to play with them and their babies... but that was not the case. First thing both of them did was climb on top of them and ride them. Ireland even named her horse, the brown one, Oreo... go figure!

Here is Chloe on her horse. She didn't name her horse. But it was so funny when she would pretend to ride it she would say, "Ya Hoooo!" I think she was going for ye haw but got a littel confused. It made me laugh out loud!

We had a really fun mothers day today... Ireland was dedicated today at church and Maren, Jeff, and EmJ got to come and be there with us. They also surprised me with some beautiful flowers and a nice card. Maren knew that since Chris was gone I was kind of sad and she was so nice to take the time to make it a special day for me! I guess that is what best friends are for!
After church we went to Brighton to Gramma and Papa King's house for lunch and some gardening. I guess Gramma watned Scotty and Missy to plant her some flowers for her mothers day present. So Ireland and Chloe got to help too!
Chloe fell in love with Uncle Scotty after a few short minutes. The girls don't get to see him very much so it was fun for them to get to spend some time with him!


Here they are helping Uncle Scotty plant some flowers. Ireland loved to garden! She had a blast!

Her favorite thing was to use her watering can... She would ask Scotty ever 5 minutes or so if she could water the flowers. It was pretty cute!

I think Chloe looks pretty cute in this picture. She didn't love the flower planting like Ireland did, she kind of lost intrest. But she did like playing outside and smelling the flowers and playing with the water... the weather was great so it turned out to be a great day!


I don't know if you can tell, but Ireland fully has gardening gloves! So awesome!
Well, that was our mothers day and it was great! The only thing that would have made it better was if Chris was here... but the girls and I got to talk to him for a little bit! And that always puts a smile on our faces! We sure do miss him!







3 comments:

Katie R said...

i love you and your pics

The Malloy Family said...

Hello sweet sister-friend! I love all of your new blogs...hooray for a new camera and lots of new pictures! Those girls are growing up way to fast...ummm, does Ireland look super tall to you or is that just me? My goodness.
As always, Chloe and Jackson are like two little peas in a pod. Jackson loves to have his "E-O" (woobie) on his head (he asks for an E-O hat!) and devours lemons. I wish the two of them could play, it'd be hysterical!
I hope that you are doing well in CO and enjoying being around your family. You have the coolest parents around, so I'm sure that helps!!!
Love you!

Gran said...

Very good pic. They girls look like they were having fun. Thats what its all about.