Monday, July 6, 2009

Some catch up

Well, we are just waiting... waiting to hear from Chris... waiting to know anything at all! I am going a little crazy! But at least we know that he is safe and starting the slow process of coming home. I will try to keep you all up to date on what is going on... until then, I will give you some pictures to look at and help pass the time!


We made Daddy some welcome home signs today. I don't think we will bring them to the coming home ceremony (I would end up carrying them that would annoy me! haha). But I figured we could use them to decorate the house for his coming home party. And I knew that Ireland would love an excuse to do a craft. She is so funny... she told me today, "You know Mommy, when I grow up and I am a mom, I am going to be one crafty mom!" I took that as my cue to do more art projects and crafts with her! Anyway... here are some pictures of the sign making!


Gran even got in on the action!


They turned out pretty cute! I will put a picture of them when they are all hung up for the long awaited homecoming party!


I thought I would put some actually action pictures of the girls at the spray park... You can't really see their faces, but you sure can see how much fun they are having!

I will let you all know when I know anything about Chris... and I will for sure let you know when he is state side... Please keep his unit in your prayers! They have a very long journey ahead of them and they will be very tired when they get home! So if you could say a prayer for them all I know they would appreciate it!

4 comments:

Katie R said...

Tell Ireland I plan on giving her a run for her money as the super cool and crafty mom. I am praying for you guys and christopher. I am proud of your art! Wish I was there to make one too. Love you.

Nana said...

Love the pics. Glad the slow process has started. I wanna play at the spray park! Love you guys.

maren said...

Love it! Wish we were there with you at the spray park!!! :o)

Grandma said...

I'm so happy that you have a date. I know he will be tired, but he will rest fast when his girls get all over him. The art is beautiful. An idea for crafty things is Oriental Trading. They have tons of stuff and sometimes you don't have to pay postage. That is what Christal did one summer and they crafted all summer.